2010년 1월 21일 목요일

Ballad Assignment

4 Stanzas with 8-10 syllabus for each lines

I met a group of people trying to threaten a boy

I showed up like a hero and verbally forced to let them go

I still remember when that boy said he’s name was Roy

That moment I realized I was a hero


I always like to help others when they are in need

I don’t like being bullied by someone

I like to solve problems that haven’t solved.

Especially when it’s about relationship with anyone.


I just have in mind that I want to be a hero

I don’t have sympathy toward a bad guy

I don’t like people assessing my attitude as zero

I always think that bad people lie


I met a group of people trying to threaten a boy

I showed up like a hero and verbally forced to let them go

I still remember when that boy said he’s name was Roy

That moment I realized I was a hero




______________________________________



A. What was the easiest aspect of writing a ballad? What was the hardest?
- while I'm writing I was frustrated to keep syllables in the same number. Easiest? well, the word choice was the easiest part...

B. Did you consult any outside resources to assist you in writing?
- Yes, I looked up on the internet related to my topic. therefore, I was able to complete!

C. Why do people write poetry?
- They want to enjoy, entertain the poem and to persuade readers about something.

D. What is an example of an excellent word choice in your ballad and why?

- 'blame'. The word itself is totally simple. But in deeper meaning, this 'blame' represents the regret, and the regret of my life.

댓글 1개:

  1. 1.Summarize the ballad. What impressions or feelings do you have towards it?
    The ballad mainly talks about the loneliness and desperation of life without friends or someone who genuinely cares for him. He blames himself for alienating himself. As a fellow loner, I sympathize with the poet's heartfelt gloominess towards life when everyone else seems to be having a blast. I hope that the poet would make new friends.

    2.Analyze the rhyme scheme. What is it and how does it contribute to the ballad?
    The first and last stanzas have AABA, the second stanza doesn't have a rhyme scheme, and the third stanza has AABC. Well, the words rhyme only because they are the same words; other than that, there are no rhyming words. Repeating care and me emphasize the poet's solitude.

    3. Pick three words that are a good word choice. Why?
    Three words that are good word choice are lonely, cremated, and scared. These words stood out to me from the poem not only because they summarize the poem but because they conveyed the mood of the poem effectively.

    4. What story is the ballad telling? (What is the message of the poem?)
    The message of the poem is to build relationships that keep life colorful and warm because if you don't you will live as a miserable person and you will die as a desolate person.

    5. What poetic devices (figures of speech) did the poet use? Why?
    The poem is very straightforward and apart from the small exaggeration of blaming himself in the afterlife, I couldn't find anything.

    답글삭제